Sunday, September 21, 2008

First haircut...

Well, here are some of the cutest pictures you will see in your whole lives.
This is Oliver and our beloved nephew, Beckett:
. Please note how diligently Oliver his holding on to Beckett in this wild (not wild) wagon ride in Robyn and Ryan's back yard:

More diligence:

As you will note in the above photos: Oliver's hair has gotten to the length in which it disrupts his vision. This was a very hard fact for me to swallow. I don't know WHY it was so hard for me to stomach his first hair cut. But it was.....for both of us:

Below you will see a pictorial of my first attempt at cutting his hair:

It began innocent enough....he did not know exactly what I was doing....so he began to get his hands involved:
Then he started wiggling his head:

His concern grew to anxiety:

Ultimately, he was not having it.

I ended up cutting his hair in his sleep. It went really well. I wish my hair cuts could be done the same way. It was fine. I hardly cut anything off...but...like a good, ridiculous Mom, I saved every hair.



2 comments:

Katie said...

First haircuts are always a little hard to take. I usually end up shedding a tear or two. Like you I save the hair. Moms are sentimental like that.

Bethany said...

i've heard cutting in while they are sleeping is the way to go. Haircuts are a nightmare at our house. I don't know why it has to be so painful for kids sometimes. it looks like you did a great job though!