Sunday, February 15, 2009

R.S.V.....

This is the face of R.S.V. (respiratory syncytial virus).
.


And this:
.
And this:



For those of you who have not had the pleasure...RSV is a nasty illness in children (mostly). It can be fatal to the very little ones. Oliver seems to be on the tail end of it. It has been so rough. He has had labored coughing fits where he's struggled to breathe...sleepless nights....and enough snot to build a house (if one could build a house of snot...or if one wanted to).

The good news is that he is such a big and strong little boy that he has done as well as one could hope.

Wish us luck! We're not quite out of the woods yet!





8 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my dear,
I hope Oliver feels better soon. I hate it when the little ones get sick. I'm thinking of you all and sending thoughts of good health your way :)

Laura Horne said...

Oh no! Such a sweet, sad little face. I bet those nights are so hard. We love you guys. Get better soon Oliver!

Amber said...

oh honey...i'm so sorry.
reu has been working on the pediatric floor and says it's full to the max with rsv...from infant to three years. i'm so glad your big boy is at home.
and um...i have a little sock for you from az that you left. little blue and green one.
:)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am so sorry. So glad he is on the mend. Give him hugs :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor sweet Oliver! I just want to give him a hug (from a distance so as not to get slimed)!! Hope things get better SOON!

Emy W. said...

Oh, blah! I hope Sweet Oliver gets feeling better soon... even sick, he's the cutest little guy.

I hope you guys are doing well, I miss you!

Teri said...

Poor baby!! I hope Oliver feels better soon! Being sick is the worst. Bleh...

Ashley said...

I hope he gets better soon. Poor little guy.