Sunday, March 8, 2009

Goings on...

Well, we've been sick for about 3 weeks now (and by "we", I mean "oliver). It's been rough. I guess he is still considered contagious, but he is on the tail end of his latest illness (croup).
Well, in between coughing he's been on a mission.
He is trying to find his smile.
Right now when you say "Smile, Oliver", he does this:



OR this:

OR this:


All are charming and hilarious. We're having fun on this journey with him.

Here we are in the back yard today trying to enjoy what little sun there was:



Oh, my boys....how I love them.





We were all having fun UNTIL, it started. For those of you who do not know, I miss North Carolina. I love it. It is the most lovely state in the WORLD! :)
Don't worry, we have NO intention of moving ANY time soon.
HOWEVER...
I saw Bryce drawing a picture of Utah to show Oliver where we lived, so I drew a picture of NC to show him where we should live (*kidding*), and Bryce did THIS:




SO, I did THIS:






The war is on. NC vs. UT
Seeing as how NC has both an coast and mountains and islands and TREES, I cannot see HOW UT could pull ahead.
This will be our battle forever and ever, which is the greater state.
***
We got to see Ezra and Rebecca today, very briefly.
Oliver's sickness prevented us from too much hanging out.
We did let the boys be in close proximity for ONE quick shot.
Here are the future BFF's:












5 comments:

JennyAdam said...

If you can't agree on UT or NC then make a compromise and move to NH!
We miss you guys!

Bethany said...

the NC vs UT thing made me laugh so much.

Oliver is so grown up and i love the cheeser smiles. what a great family.

Anonymous said...

What cute "cheesy grins!" I can't believe how fast he is growing. And you know, Utah would be PERFECT if it just skipped over winter! (well, okay, maybe it could be winter right around Christmas, and then jump right to spring!)

Anonymous said...

Hell, I would settle for you guys moving to SALT LAKE CITY! That is what I call a compromise. xoxo.

Amber said...

NC all the way! ocean wins every time hands down.