Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Goodbye veins...

I will start with this cute picture of sweet Oliver.....
I start with this only to warn you that if you scroll down it is GROSS!!!!
.
.
.
So, I had two vericose veins removed from my right leg on Monday. I have to say...the whole process has been FAR different than I expected. They "sell" this procedure to you as if it is totally painless and wonderful and nothing. ....Look at my leg::::

It is none of those things. My leg hurts SO bad. And---well, look at it. It is pretty traumatic. While I am hopeful that this will all be worth it in the end...right now, i am not happy. I'll keep you posted.



Wish me luck.

6 comments:

Robyn said...

Ouch! Of course they will get better. You have BEAUTIFUL legs! One can only wish! Wishing you a speedy recovery! xoxo
BTW..Your blog is acting weird. You have to click on the specific post to see it...? Maybe it's the new layout..

Bethany said...

i can't get your blog to work well either! i can only see it if I click on an individual post too.

Anyway, your legs are so wonderful, minus the stitches and bruises! HOLY COW! i never thought having varicose veins removed looked liked that, yikes! I hope you recover quickly. it looks painful.

Amy said...

Well, I will say Oliver is looking cute as ever! As for your leg ummm.... just kidding. I'm sure you'll be fine soon. I have a vein like that. I'll wait to see how your recovery is before I make a decision. Keep me posted.

Katie said...

Ouch Ouch Ouch!!!

Anonymous said...

wow...thats crazy!!!

Anonymous said...

YOUCH!! Looks super painful. I'm sure it will be one of those things you will say you were glad you did. (hopefully?!?) I have a bad vein on my right leg, too. Was the actual process painful too, or just after the fact?