Saturday, December 8, 2007

We are giving it a try....

We are doing something very daring, for us. We are going to start using bio-degradable diapers. Our dear friends Art and Jasmine are committed to using CLOTH diapers with their baby and on their website, someone mentioned these things called "G-Diapers".
We looked them up and we were sold.
We were stunned by the video which informed us that we (americans) throw away
50 million "disposable" diapers a day
AND
20 billion "disposable" a year
And that those diapers do not decompose for 500 years!!!!!
We were so stunned and disgusted. G-Diapers, on the other hand, decompose completely in 60 days. They are really easy to use and you can actually flush the liners. The fit looks really snug, much like "normal" diapers
So, we ordered a "starter kit"---wish us luck. We will let you know how it goes!!!!

5 comments:

Robyn said...

Very cool. You will have to let me know how well they work. Good luck.

Bethany said...

i'm so curious to see how you like them. i've almost done cloth diapers so many times. keep us updated.

Ashley said...

Wow, that's is great!

Emy W. said...

I've wanted to do cloth diapers when we eventually have a baby, but my mom has told me too many horror stories about them, so I'm all scared off!! Tell me how you like these... they sound really great!

Karima said...

I love the idea. I want to use the same when we have kids. (Though I'm fairly certain I will be changing ALL of the diapers.)
To think that cloth is all people USED!;) Keep us all posted.