Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Our little 6 month old...

Today is Oliver's 6 month birthday.
When will this get easier? What birthday or milestone will not make us weepy?
We just laid down our sweet baby for the night and there is a part of me that wishes he were still awake.

It is so strange to me to miss your baby when he is asleep.



We cannot help but think about 6 months ago. Every minute today was filled with thoughts of THAT MINUTE, six months ago. It was a beautiful and complicated day.
I guess, the one mantra I am filled with is "I am great-full".
I LOVE our baby, I LOVE my husband.
We have the most amazing siblings, parents and friends.
Nothing else matters.
Work will be stress-full. People will cut you off in traffic.
You will be broke, rich, happy, sad, etc, Etc, ETC!!!
None of it matters as long as we have what matters.
Love.
I know it is SOOOOO cheesy. Fogive me. But it is real.
Happy 6 months, Oliver.
We have loved every minute of your little life and can't wait for all the rest!

6 comments:

Laura Horne said...

I feel you sister. Eric and I totally watch videos of Amos after he's gone to bed.

I can't believe its been 6 months already! Wow. Time flies.

Emy W. said...

I couldn't agree with you more! Love makes all the crappy stuff just fade away.

Sweet Oliver, I am so happy you and Bryce have him!

Amy said...

Happy 6 months Oliver! You are sweet and beautiful, just like your mommy and daddy! Sweet boy!

Anonymous said...

Six months already! He's so cute. I totally agree--and it wasn't cheesy at all--love makes it all worthwhile! I've missed my nieces and nephew when they were/are asleep. I go watch them sleeping too! I want one of my own!! (But first i need a ring)

Anonymous said...

It all fortunately makes you weepy. The joy and pride you feel watching your child crawl, take their first step, say their first word, etc...is neverending. Love that moment, when you feel your heart ache because you are so unbelievably happy to have them in your life. It is all that matters in life.

JennyAdam said...

You get it. You're a parent now, and everything is different. It's funny how it changes everything, right down to our attitudes about life.

-Adam